Many couples dream of getting married at sea. And now, British luxury cruise line Cunard has welcomed its first wedding booking by a same-sex couple.
Cunard has offered weddings on its ships since 2012 and has married hundreds of couples, but can now also conduct same-sex wedding ceremonies at sea.
Same-sex marriages have been practiced in Britain since 2014. But the Cunard fleet of ships: the Queen Mary2, the Queen Victoria, and the Queen Elizabeth, are registered in Bermuda. A Supreme Court ruling enabling same-sex marriages in Bermuda now enables same-sex couples to be married on board any of the line's 'Three 'Queens' ships.
So in addition to enjoying Cunard's grand scale of British traditional luxury including impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment, perhaps on one of Cunard's legendary, regularly scheduled Transatlantic crossings, same-sex couples can also be joined in marriage during their cruise.
Couples who celebrate their weddings in the romantic, aristocratic British environment of a Cunard cruise will have memories for a lifetime. The wedding ceremony is performed by the ship’s Captain or Deputy Captain, and the marriage license is issued by Bermuda.
A Cunard Wedding at Sea package includes:
- A romantic ceremony at sea
- Wedding ceremony venue with floral arrangements
- Traditional wedding music
- Services of the on-board Wedding Coordinator
- Attendance of a professional photographer at the ceremony
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- An official copy of the marriage certificate
- The cost of the license fees
- A bottle of Champagne in the cabin on arrival
- Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- Invitations and thank you notes
- Wedding outfit pressing services
Cunard has a history of over 175 years of bringing people together, and welcoming same-sex weddings on its ships marries the best of British luxury traditions with a truly modern sensibility and inclusiveness.
Start your Trip!
Sign up for our Newsletter
You should see:
It occupies the most prime location in Costa Rica's G... more
Club Med Turkoise reopens February 2018 with a brand new ... more
Vineyards from all over the world unite with Relais &... more
- Overwater Bungalows make a Splash in Mexico and the Caribbean
- Video: Is this the 'Most Luxurious Ship at Sea'?
- Best Souvenirs from a Trip to Provence, France
- All-New Luxury Travel Concept Design Details Revealed: Crystal AirCruises Jet
- 40 Years Later: Where is the 'Hotel California'?
- You Can't Miss these Beaches in... St. Maarten/ Saint Martin